PTT of Florida, LLC is a temporary employment company that provides the manual labor for the set-up and teardown of primarily live events.
We offer employment in the following job classifications:
STAGEHAND – Stagehands work backstage on productions such as live concerts, plays, musicals, operas and ballets. Their tasks can include:
- loading and unloading scenery and equipment
- helping the production’s carpenters to build and erect scenery
- setting the stage before a performance
- moving scenery, furniture and equipment during scene changes
- moving items during performances, usually in the dark
- helping the sound department lay out the pit if an orchestra is involved
- opening and closing the stage curtains
- operating mechanical scenery-moving equipment
- clearing and cleaning the stage and backstage area.
A Stagehand should:
be able to work as part of a team
- be physically fit to move and carry scenery, furniture and props
- have a head for heights
- be cheerful and helpful, especially when working under pressure
- be enthusiastic about the theatre and entertainment profession
- have an interest in practical, hands-on work.
ELECTRIC – set-up and tear-down lighting instruments, cabling, trussing, etc.
SOUND – set-up and tear-down speakers, cabling and all other sound equipment.
VIDEO – set-up and tear-down of screens, risers, projectors, cameras, cabling and all other visual equipment.
CARPENTRY- set up staging, trusses, scenery, and backdrops.
PROPERTIES (Props)- a branch of the carpenter department, this crew is responsible for set decorations and any hand-held items used by the actors during the show.
WARDROBE – works with costumes. Prepare them for use (washing, hanging up on racks, ironing, mending) and assist the performers with quick changes of costumes during the show (performance).
RIGGING – Installation of fly systems.
- GROUND RIGGING - Duties include:
- to provide all necessary support for the up-rigger.
- must know basic knots and other rigging requirements
- responsible for the safety of the up-rigger
- must know the correct way to pack the rigging elements in the crates at the end of the show
TRUCK LOADERS - duties include the unloading / loading of all crates from the trucks or bus. Loaders stay with the trucks for the entire load. The work area ends at the bottom of the ramp.
FORKLIFT DRIVER- Generally oversees the safe operating conditions of the loading area. Must have forklift ready to go at all time. Know ahead of time where to find fresh fuel tanks. Must be a certified Forklift Operator.
SPOTLIGHT OPERATORS - overall duty to run the follow-spots (Lighting) during the run of production.
CALL 1.877.788.4447 FOR AN INTERVIEW